Dublin Saab

Cars, politics, sports and what not from my view. (Closed Sundays and Holidays)

Friday, August 24, 2007

Sell by date anyone?

So I ask, "Do you have a fire extinguisher?" and the owner answers that she most certainly does. I hen ask where it is located so that I can get a picture of it and she says that she knows exactly where it is as it wouldn't do her much good if she couldn't find it when needed. I agreed with her as she lead me to this...



Please take note of the date the extinguisher was last charged up.



That's April, 1962. Her fire extinguisher was last topped off during the bloody Kennedy Administration! 45 years ago! Yes in deed, you'll want to be sure to know exactly where this is located so that in the event of an actual fire you can remove it to safety as we wouldn't want to see an artifact of the past like this going up in flames, would we?

3 Comments:

At August 24, 2007 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owner of what? A private residence? Does NY State require residents to have a fire extinguisher?

 
At August 26, 2007 10:30 AM, Blogger Dublin Saab said...

The post is about a funny and silly women who thinks that her, perhaps, 50+ year old fire extinguisher, that hasn't been serviced in over 45 years is going to work if there's a fire. That's a funny story.

What she owns, the type of residence and any NY state law regarding anything are not germane to her faith in her ancient extinguisher. But if you feel you need these irrelevant details to enhance the story for you then I don't want to stand in your way. Here are your answers.

A house. Yes. No.

Better?

 
At August 27, 2007 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better, yes. I just felt like I didn't have the whole story...I was staring at a random, ancient fire extinguisher in the corner of some cinder-block basement somewhere.

Sort of reminds me of the warning about the 1968-era boiler in Rizzo's house. It was scrawled on a notepad from the Sandy Lane Hotel in Barbados, WI. So faded you couldn't read it. Yet almost 40 years later the wrinkled paper still remains as a warning about....something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home