Dublin Saab

Cars, politics, sports and what not from my view. (Closed Sundays and Holidays)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Thumbs DOWN: Mini Traveller

The Mini Traveller is silly. It’s basically a regular Mini, with a slightly altered nose, that has an extended wheel base to add about 2 extra feet of length behind the rear seats. A Mini for people who need a bigger car they say. Well how long until a 7 seat Mini SUV I ask.


While I find the nose a very nice update over the current car the extra length creates a Mini that when seen in person is disproportionately long. The car just looks odd, too long and too narrow.


Mini is looking to expand the range from 2 (Mini, Mini convertible) in the coming years but seeing as the Oxford plant is already maxed out I don’t see the need. I fear a watering down of the brand image.


Mini always has a neat display and a DJ under a Mini parked on the wall was this years trick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home