Dublin Saab

Cars, politics, sports and what not from my view. (Closed Sundays and Holidays)

Friday, July 06, 2007

My Fireworks

This year I had my best overall fireworks experience to date. Why the best? Well all I had to do was walk down to the end of the street and into the back yard of the funeral home that has a million dollar panoramic view overlooking the Hudson River. The night started with the fireworks in Ossining and then when they finished we could watch the finale of the Tarrytown fireworks a little farther down the river. Then through a valley dip in the Palisade mountains we could see the New City works, and then over the range flashes from West Nyack. After that was all finished they started the fireworks in Harverstraw that is directly across the river from Croton. In all it was an hour and 15 minutes of fireworks and when it was all over I had to face the daunting 38 second walk home. I checked on Google Earth and it's a 525 foot hike, that's a tenth of a mile! I mean you got to pack a lunch.


Anyway, while the works were off in the distance when I remember sitting for hours in traffic to and from Red, White and Boom this was a much better experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home