Dublin Saab

Cars, politics, sports and what not from my view. (Closed Sundays and Holidays)

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Oh so that's how it happen?

Without speculating on their motives I find the 50 second “history” spot on Nickelodeon insinuating that Santa Anna attacked the Alamo to end slavery in Texas insulting and concerning. The insult I can get over, after all advertisers do it all the time but my concern remains. That concern is for what other mindless and inaccurate drivel are they feeding to the 8 to 16 year olds watching their shows. It’s not as if they are getting a well grounded education on history in the schools (which is another topic altogether) that can counter balance such junk. If Santa Anna was out to free the slaves then I wonder what they’ll do for an encore. Perhaps Pol Pot was really just getting all the educated Cambodians together to do top notch R&D but then a covert CIA team snuck in and murdered them all before the research labs could be built, no doubt at the behest of the Republican governor of California, one Ronald Reagan!

2 Comments:

At May 12, 2005 12:15 AM, Blogger Nightcrawler said...

If that CIA team was in Cambodia in Christmas, I bet I know who was with them!

 
At May 12, 2005 8:16 PM, Blogger JPS said...

I'm not sure what was worse, the piece or Nick's weasely evasiveness when confronted on the matter. Of course kids watching this are going to assume it's a news piece and not a factually errant and slanted editorial. Shame on them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home