Dublin Saab

Cars, politics, sports and what not from my view. (Closed Sundays and Holidays)

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Some people

Click HERE to check out the Tempo and Topaz club. Yes, that’s in Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz, two of the very worst examples of 80’s mediocrity and unreliability. However after a look on the site I could not find one single mention of a gathering or convention, which leads me to thinking that this is not so much a “club” as it is an internet support group where freaks of a like mind may send pictures and messages to each other.

One thing I must mention about the site is that the creator has the inability to properly capitalize words. Every word has a capitol letter randomly placed in it. For example the header reads, “foRd tEmpo meRcury topAz cAr club of noRth ameRica”. Why in the world would someone type like that once they are past the age of 12? Poor taste, which I guess is the territorial norm for one that loves the Tempo and Topaz.

2 Comments:

At June 15, 2005 7:53 PM, Blogger JPS said...

How does one even respond to that? I've been aware that every oddball car in creation has its enthusiasts (Yugos and such) and that wanna-be classics like the 77 Cutlass Supreme have lots of stoner support groups, but who would have ever thought thaAt pEople woUld bE sO effIng boRed tHat theY wOuld actuaLly deVote enerGy tO a cAr sO uTerly insIpid? Well, at least it gives me hope that the next time I want to relive the glory of my first car, I'll have a Plymouth Horizon support group waiting to assist me.

 
At June 17, 2005 4:20 PM, Blogger Nightcrawler said...

Is there an AMC Pacer support group?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home