Dublin Saab

Cars, politics, sports and what not from my view. (Closed Sundays and Holidays)

Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday's offensive cartoon

Mohammed brand suicide belts! Ha!

To go along with today’s amazingly blasphemous Mohammed cartoon I will discuss my views on the UEA Port deal.

Why I am okay with the deal:
All they are going to be running is the machinery that loads and off loads the cargo. They will not have any control over security of the containers. Security will be run by the US Coast Guard and US Customs, just as it is now, and has been for years. What dose it really matter who owns the machines? The UAE is more mini 19th century capitalist den than it is a 7th century theocracy. The UEA gave $100 million to the US to help the Katrina victims, more than all other nations, combined.


Why I am not okay with the deal:
Principal. The UAE gave the Bush family $1 million dollars for the Bush Presidential library. The UAE was the location the 9/11 attackers started their operations. The UAE has been less than helpful in helping track down terrorist financing, which is to say UAE banks are “terrorist friendly”.

Why I don’t care:
It’s my birthday. Terrorists will or won’t hit us (I lean towards will, eventually) and who runs the machines unloaded boats will have little or no impact, compared to how well Homeland Security is or isn’t botching things up.

4 Comments:

At February 24, 2006 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mate!!

 
At February 25, 2006 12:27 PM, Blogger Nightcrawler said...

Happy Birthday DS! Great post, sums up my thoughts on the matter exactly.

 
At February 25, 2006 6:53 PM, Blogger JPS said...

Happy birthday, friend. I think I'll drink an Irish Car Bomb in honor of it. I was going to try to think of a Middle Eastern alternative to match the topic better, but then I remembered that nobody is allowed to drink there. Dude, what is up with that?

 
At February 27, 2006 6:31 PM, Blogger Dublin Saab said...

Swade! Thanks for the BDay wishes. Suprised to see you on my little blog.

EJ - I'd want to blow shit up to if I wasn't allowed to drink lovely wonderful beer. Of course being the pragmatist I am I'd be more inclined to blow up the people that took the beer away from me than the people who make beer. But hey, I'm wacky like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home