Dublin Saab

Cars, politics, sports and what not from my view. (Closed Sundays and Holidays)

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

BOTD: Summit Hefe Weizen

Yesterday Jeff called and asked if it would be okay for him to bike over after stopping to get a 6 at a local beer specialty shop. I asked why he was afflicted with the need to ask rhetorical questions and told him to hurry. Jeff then proceeded to bring over a Hefe Weizen by the Summit Brewing company.

It wants to be your friend.Posted by Hello

I had spent the day working in what ended up being 92° heat so any beer would have tasted good to me. That’s where the concern is as the beer only tasted good. It had little nose and a very subdued citrus. It was okay. The most unremarkable hefe I have had. It seems that they couldn’t pull the trigger to go all the way in the brewing process and have created a hefe for people that would really rather be drinking an ale.

Brewery: Summit Brewing Company
Year: 1986
Origin: American (St. Paul, Minnesota)
Style: Hefe Weizen
Content: 4.2%
Rating: Not bad
Recommendation: If it’s on special or you aren’t sure what you are in the mood for give it a try.

3 Comments:

At June 15, 2005 8:00 PM, Blogger JPS said...

Ah, the Oldenberg/Goose Island dilemma. I've never understood the principal of the watery micro. Are they more upscale marketing versions of Killians and Amber Bock, that allow people to appear snobby wothout actually drinking goob beer? Are they training beers for people not yet ready to take the plunge into a Rogue, Bert Grant's or Anderson Valley? It seems to me like breweries should either shoot for low-end mass appeal, or high-ticket, high-quality selective appeal. Yet breweries like this one and the ones I mentioned seem to indicate that micro-lite has a certain appeal to some. Ah well. Different strokes, I suppose.

 
At June 16, 2005 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I may need a beer or two on the evening of July 2nd.

 
At June 17, 2005 8:23 AM, Blogger Dublin Saab said...

Sorry K-Dawg, I plan on getting religion and to stop inbibing the devil's drink. This will happen on Monday, the 26th, the day after ComFest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home