Dublin Saab

Cars, politics, sports and what not from my view. (Closed Sundays and Holidays)

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Murderball

In the words of They Might Be Giants, if you watch only one movie this summer there’s something terribly wrong with you, but if so you should make it Murderball.

I was dragged out to this documentary by a couple of friends. They were quite excited to watch a show about wheel-chair rugby while I was just there for the company as Helen was once again out of town. I figured it to be just one in a seemingly endless stream of “opinion-documentary” ever since Michael Moore redefined the genre with Roger & Me. I was wrong.

Go team USA!!!
Posted by Picasa

Murderball is an old school, and in this climate, refreshing story driven documentary. If the filmmakers have an opinion on Quad Rugby they kept it to themselves and instead concentrated on letting the people and drama take show. It’s well shot, well edited, contains both charismatic and repugnant people with an award winning sound track to boot.

I don’t want to risk over building this show so I will leave you with a strong recommendation to catch this flick if it comes to town, and if not then get thyself to the video store.

1 Comments:

At August 07, 2005 5:05 PM, Blogger Nightcrawler said...

I wonder if it'll come out on Netflix?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home