Dublin Saab

Cars, politics, sports and what not from my view. (Closed Sundays and Holidays)

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

BOTD: Widmer Brother's Hefeweizen

It’s been over a month since the last BOTD, and for that I must beg your forgiveness. I will attempt to drink more beer in the coming weeks to make up for my failings. With that done let’s move onto today’s chilled brew, from the Widmer Brother’s Brewery comes their Hefeweizen.


It looks like a tastey beer.Posted by Picasa

The first thing that should have tipped me off to a problem is that it wasn’t brewed by the Widmer boys but rather under their, “supervision”. Now I’m not saying Redhook is a bad brewery but it’s just a little on the shady business side of things for me. As for the beer it’s weak. Who knew that an unfiltered wheat could taste weak? I didn’t. No nose, little body with hints of hop, no citrus, no after taste. It was on sale and I know why.

Brewery: Widmer Brother’s (or rather Redhook)
Year: 1984
Origin: American (Portland, OR by way of Portsmouth, NH)
Style: Hefe Weizen
Content: 4.7%
Rating: Lame
Recommendation: None.

1 Comments:

At July 28, 2005 6:49 PM, Blogger JPS said...

I've always been puzzled by people telling me how much they love Red Hook stuff. To we, there products are on par with Oldenberg or Goose Island--half assed attempts at micros afraid to make beers with enough body to alienate mainstream light drinkers. The end result are products that try to please everyone, and, as I mentioned at my blog a bit ago, you only need to read some Aesop to know what happens when you do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home