Dublin Saab

Cars, politics, sports and what not from my view. (Closed Sundays and Holidays)

Friday, February 03, 2006

What'd you do this morning?

Well I don’t know what you did but here at DublinSaab I was busy repairing the front brakes on Heidi, who is the senior member of the DublinSaab family at 20 years and 277,000 miles. Her front driverside caliper locked up and was only using one of the two pads. As a result the rotor was toast and needed replaced as well.

Before


If your rotors look like this you had better not be tailgating anyone.


After






Of course those estimates are based upon the assumption that you can find a shop that will only replace one caliper and rotor, most shops won’t. The bill for today’s repair could easily have been over $800. Ouch.

1 Comments:

At February 04, 2006 1:30 AM, Blogger Nightcrawler said...

Makes me realize what a good mechanic I have! Both front rotors, calipers and labor came to $96.00 tax and all! Of course, my rotors were only 15.00 each.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home