Dublin Saab

Cars, politics, sports and what not from my view. (Closed Sundays and Holidays)

Friday, May 27, 2005

BOTD: Kinsale Lager

Oh to the luck o the Irish and lucky they be that they get to ship Kinsale Irish Ale to the US o A. This beer is, according to the Kinsale Brewery website is a lager, which in a way came as news to me – and that was after I drank it.

Do you see a beer? I don't.Posted by Hello

There is no nose. The fore taste is sort of there and the finish has a slight hint of sweet malt. All in all there’s not much. Honestly in my memories I’d have to go back to a Milwaukee’s Best Light to think of a beer with as little flavor and character as the Kinsale. It doesn’t taste bad, it would have to have taste first.

Brewery: Kinsale
Year: 2001
Origin: Ireland
Style: Lager
Content: unknown
Rating: pointless
Recommendation: I see no reason to buy such a weak beer.

2 Comments:

At May 28, 2005 3:51 AM, Blogger JPS said...

Kinsale blows. I don't think anyone in Eire actually drinks it; it's a cynical marketing export.

I have a suggestion for you: when shopping Irish lagers, check the label. If it says "Harp," procede with your purchase. If it says anything else whatsoever: choose a different beer. They've only got one beer superstar, and I don't need to tell you its name

 
At May 30, 2005 5:51 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

I have yet to find a decent lager. In college I thought I was weird because I did not like beer (Miller, Bud). After college I discovered ales. Even the supposedly best lager was bad. I found out that except for a honey lager that I home brew, I stay away from them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home